Which Is The Best Rotisserie Oven For Your Home?
A feast would not be complete without roast chicken. At home, we would pop whatever we can in the oven or roaster and turn it into something that looks and tastes like it came from a restaurant. Of course, large ovens can get inconvenient to use in terms of the energy wasted to make a single roast. Not to mention the tedious task of cleaning up after use. This is why it is highly recommended to get a best rotisserie oven or a countertop induction oven.
Rotisserie ovens are clearly very popular during feasts, the holidays or any family get together. Not only because of the delicious food that comes out of it but also because of other benefits. When you are searching for the best rotisserie or roaster oven in the market, it’s important that you have a list of features that satisfy your cooking expectations and demands, the most.
A Quick Table of Comparison
=> Read Review
=> Read Review
=> Read Review
=> Read Review
=> Read Review
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
What is a Rotisserie Oven?
This compact oven is designed to mimic the effects of a spitfire roaster when it comes to cooking meats such as chicken, beef or even fish. The meats are skewered and placed inside the oven and is cooked through intense dry heat. The meat rotates as it cooks to ensure even cooking and charring – for that great fire roasted effect. Rotisseries have become mainstays in most commercial kitchens and are also making a lot of home cooks really happy.
Major Benefits of Having the Best Rotisserie Oven at Home
Before we make any specific purchases, it is often advised that we take a look at how we could benefit from them. And as for buying a new rotisserie or roaster for your kitchen at home, here are the major advantages of having your own:
- Compact and Space Saver
- Food Has More Flavor
- Multi-Purpose Oven
- Ease of Use
- Saves Time
- Great Kitchen Investments
This small investment can turn out to be one of the biggest space-saving appliances that you will ever own. Depending on the type and size of the oven that you will be buying, it can occupy the same amount of space as your 12-cup coffee maker.
Since it offers the same effects of spit fire roasting, you will still get that real smoky, barbecue flavors. It also rotates to not only cook your food evenly but to also keep your food moist since it bastes the meat with its juices at every rotation.
What will you say if we tell you that rotisserie ovens are not just for roasting your meats? Well, this is true. You can also bake, warm, reheat and steam using this oven. Just think of it this way, anything that you can do with your large oven, you can do with your rotisserie oven.
Not everyone is skilled in the kitchen. This makes having a rotisserie oven the best cooking ally for most home cooks. It is not complicated and does not require rocket science to operate. All you need is to follow the suggested cooking temperatures, use the right baking dishes, set the timer and walk away.
Cooking using a rotisserie oven can help you save time because it can cook/roast/bake multiple food items at the same time. So you don’t have any excuse not to prepare delicious and healthy meals for you and your family.
While conventional ovens can help you a lot in terms of cooking large batches of food, having a rotisserie oven at home can help you in so many ways. Investing in one good brand will surely give you great tasting meals for a long time.
Your Ultimate Rotisserie Oven Buying Guide
Are you ready to purchase your very first rotisserie oven? Shopping is something that comes naturally for most women, but if you are not that sure of which one to buy, then you should definitely get some help. The following guidelines will help you greatly, in terms of choosing one from the best rotisserie ovens in the market.
- Temperature, Temperature Controls, and Timers
- User-Friendly or The Ease of Use
- Number of Spits
- Rotisserie Oven Accessories
When you go to the store to buy something, surely you will check if the price fits your budget. The same thing applies to your rotisserie oven shopping. You need to set a budget before making any purchases. The prices vary depending on where you decide to buy it. Generally, these are almost similar to the cost of buying top of the line pans for glass top stoves. Of course, the larger and those with multiple functions would cost more than the standard rotisserie. Ovens offered by well-known brands also tend to be more expensive compared to other not so well-known brands.
This is an important factor to take into consideration, especially if you have a smaller kitchen. For smaller spaces, it is recommended that you use something of the smaller or average size. Doing so will make sure that it will fit your small kitchen counter or cabinet. Small ovens are about the same size as a compact vacuum sealer. Now, if space is not a problem, then larger and bulkier ones will definitely work.
If you are not that rotisserie oven savvy, you will have trouble in this department. Choosing the best rotisserie ovens out of the hundreds in the market requires research, comparison and the art of elimination through natural selection. Scientific as it may seem, but it's definitely essential. While doing your research, look for brands that are known for their "staying power." Usually, well-known brands make sure that their products are of the highest quality. Choose a brand that also offers warranties and promises that you'd get to enjoy your oven for many years. Remember that there is no use for buying something cheap if it will just break down and smoke out after only a few months or years of use.
Since most people are not used to reading temperatures and setting up controls, it’s a plus if the rotisserie oven that you will choose has pre-set temperature controls and settings. This will surely make your cooking experience a little more convenient and relaxing. Temperature gages should be easy to read.
For those who will be following recipes that require specific temperatures and cook time, having an oven with a built-in timer can also help you out.
No one wants to buy something that they do not know how to operate. For this reason, choose a roaster oven that is not just durable but also user-friendly. Instructions should be easy to follow; controls should also be stress-free to use. A lot of brands have released ovens with multiple functions which home cooks can take advantage of, with just push of a button, which is a great help for newbie and meticulous cooks everywhere.
You also need to choose a brand or model that is easy to clean, store and maintain.
If you are looking for a rotisserie oven that can cook more food for you and your guests, then choose a model that has more spits than your usual ones. Smaller rotisseries usually have 1 spit and a baking tray or rack. Bigger ones go up to as much as 3 spits, perfect for large parties and for small businesses as well. Multiple spikes or spits will also come helpful when you have your barbecue or kebab party for your birthday.
We cannot deny that the overall look and feel of the oven is also a factor that bears a lot of weight when you make your decision. Choosing the best one out there is not as simple as looking for a substitute for smoked paprika or garlic. It requires a lot of thinking and going back and forth between 2 brands that you love. But ultimately, the way the oven looks on its own and how it matches the theme or aesthetics of your kitchen will help you make your final decision.
We do not buy something simply because of the machine or appliance itself. We also consider the different features and accessories that go with each unit that we buy. As for your first rotisserie oven, be sure to check out the following possible accessories:
- Carving platform
- Detachable drip pan
- Oven gloves or mitts
- Roasting tray or rack
- Extra skewers for smaller pieces of meat, vegetables, and kebabs
- Roasting basket for delicate or softer meats and ingredients
- A bonus cookbook for rotisserie oven recipes
Remember that the more accessories you find will definitely increase your cooking and recipe selections.
Top 5 Best Rotisserie Ovens
Remember when you first bought your first pans for glass top stoves? Didn’t you go through several brands before making that final decision? The same goes for buying your very first rotisserie oven. We have done our research for you and here are 5 of the very best brands and models that you can choose from.
If you are preparing for a very festive Thanksgiving family dinner, then this is surely one of the top choices to make.
- Ronco ST4023SSGEN Showtime Standard Rotisserie, Stainless Steel can cook a 15-pound turkey or a 10 lb. ham without fail. We tried this with 2 large whole chickens and it didn’t disappoint. The birds came out perfectly golden brown and cooked all the way through. It is also versatile because it comes with rotisserie baskets and spit rods before for your roasts.
- You can even cook burgers, ribs, fish and sausages.
- It also allows users to normally control rotation. Over all, this is a very good contender for your first kitchen investment.
- The downside of this is that for those who are not used to assembling baskets and racks, the matching holes and the rods can be a challenge.
- The accessories can also get really hot so be very careful.
- If you will be cooking heavier pieces of meat, be sure to insert the spits well because they can bend the metal spits if they are not balanced.
First things first, the Black & Decker TO4314SSD Rotisserie Convection Countertop Toaster Oven is something worth considering as a kitchen investments.
- It is large enough to fit a 12x11 baking tray and small enough to fit most counter tops. You can even roast about 5lbs worth of poultry meat and it will surely come out great.
- Its sleek design fits the aesthetic qualification.
- It is also priced conveniently.
- This rotisserie oven one of the easiest to clean since the racks, pans and spits are easy to remove and clean with warm soapy water.
- The knobs can get a bit confusing since there are only limited settings for temperature and time. But once you get a hang of it, we think that this is something that you should not pass up buying.
There are so many good things about the Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel. These will help convince you that this is something worth your money.
- It has 12 cooking functions which make it one of the best rotisserie ovens that you can buy for your home.
- It is large enough to fit a 12-inch pizza or 4lb. roast, chicken or duck.
- One of the more likable features of this rotisserie is its ability to maintain proper cooking temperatures. This will ensure that no food gets burnt, over or under cooked.
- Its LCD screen or indicator is also one of the easiest to read.
- This is on the pricier end.
But overall, its ease of use, durability and multi-functionality make it a top contender on our list.
Elite Cuisine ERO-2008N Maxi-Matic is the only oven that is identified as a toaster oven on our list. But this does not mean that it does not deserve our attention as well.
- You can rely on this oven for your rotisserie cooking due to its heavy duty capacity.
- The price is also friendly on your budget.
- It may have limited functions: broil, rotisserie, bake, toast and warm but it does its jobs well
- We find that it is advisable to place a layer of foil on the drip pan because it can get messy when you start roasting your chicken.
- Heavier pieces of meats may take a lot longer to cook.
Ronco ST5250SSGEN EZ Store Stainless Steel Rotisserie Oven definitely deserves your attention not only because of its innovative design but also for its ability to make the perfect roasts.
- Its precise rotation makes it easier for you to make sure that your dishes will come out cooked all the way through without losing their juices.
- It has a self-basting function that does not just infuse more flavor to your roasts, but will also get rid of the excess fat.
- One of the best features of this rotisserie oven is its large, clear, glass door. It allows you to see what you are cooking.
- When you buy this unit, you will get a basket, carving platform, detachable drip tray, rotisserie spits, food ties and cooking gloves! We say that this is definitely one of the very best on our list.
- This unit gets really, really hot. Something that you can expect from a stainless steel appliance. So be very careful and use your gloves. Place the unit in a well-ventilated area as well.
Keep in mind that these are guidelines that aim to make the selection process a lot easier. For functionality, price and ease of use, we find the Ronco ST5250SSGEN EZ Store Stainless Steel Rotisserie Oven our top choice out of all the ones on our list. It doesn’t just do the job of creating the perfect roasts, but it also offers us the features and functions we can find in a regular convection oven. You can easily control temperatures, cook time, ensure even cooking and create healthy dishes at the same time. Compared to others with limited features and controls, Ronco provides home cooks a worry-free cooking environment.