What Is the Best Propane Smoker? Here’s a List to Help You Now
The innovation of a gas smoker has been made to level up your cooking. The best propane smoker is more convenient to use than the usual pellet grills. Because it depends on propane, it can be easily transferred from one place to another like in fishing camps. These propane smokers also are easy to store because they only need a small space with vertical form. It is simpler to clean as well because it burns neatly and efficiently at the same time.
As a result, your meat won't only cook deliciously, but you will also be preventing ashes and other charcoal deposits on your food. With the hype, there is a difficulty in finding the propane smoker. But do not worry because there will be three products which are all excellent propane smokers. However, there is still the best one among them. Here are some factors to consider in our review.
- Controllers and Special Features
- Parts and accessories
Usually, a propane smoker does not occupy a prominent space. But when buying, you still have to consider its size. You need to estimate if it will fit in the space where you want to put it. And also, think of the recipes you will make from this smoker. Is the propane smoker large enough to accommodate your dish?
- Char-Broil the Big Easy: It has dimensions of 36 x 18 x 24 inches. It can roast up 25 pounds of meat and has a cooking area for grilling, which is 180 square inches. You can cook ribs, roast, turkeys, and other types of meat in this smoker.
- Masterbuilt 20075315: This is a 40-inch electric digital smoker, which will allow you a bigger space to cook food better than Char-Broil. The dimensions are 40.15 x 20.07 x 25 inches. It occupies about 975 square inches area. It is best for a quite big family or a group of friends. It can accommodate beef, seafood, pork, and chicken that makes it better than the Char-Broil the Big Easy.
- Smoke Hollow 38202G: It has the biggest size compared to Char-Broil and Masterbuilt 20075315. The dimensions are 47 x 19 x 28 inches that include a 38-inch double door cabinet. Its cabinet capacity is 3.4 cubic feet. It can be a wood smoker, which holds a lot and large chips of woods. It is large enough for a big turkey, ribs, pork, and brisket. It is the largest of all the three, and hence; the best when it comes to size. Despite being big, it is still portable; it can be transferred from one area to another with the help of the side handles. This unit is also the largest in size that can cook large cuts of meats and other foods, and would be able to cook food for some persons with your homemade dishes.
Our Top Choice for the Size: Smoke Hollow 38202G
Controllers and Special Features
The controllers and unique features will allow you to distinguish a product from the other. You will also be able to know which one will give you more benefits and advantages. Each brand has its features and controllers that make it outstanding from the rest.
- Smoke Hollow 38202G: It is an oven 2 Door smoker that has a measurement of 38 inches. The double door cabinet will let you refill both the wood and water pans without needing to open the door that will release the smoke and heat. This function will control the internal heat and moisture easier. It has a cast-brass gas control for your optimized use of the smoker. It will also let you increase the range of the temperature from low to high.
- Masterbuilt 20075315: Compared to Smoke Hollow 38202G, it has more features. It has a front controller with a viewing window. The control panel has an attached blue LED display. This feature will allow you, your family and friends to view it in direct sunlight. You can easily see your dish being cooked to perfection. It also has a radio frequency remote or the RF Control. This RF Control will allow you to set the temperature because of its digital thermometer and timer. It will automatically turn on and off the internal light and the smoker. In short, it has an offset smoker for your convenience. Hence, you can do more things without worrying about burning food.
- Char-Broil the Big Easy: This is the best as compared to Smoke Hollow 38202G and Masterbuilt20075315 regarding controllers because it has three primary functions. This feature allows you not just to smoke, but also roast and grill. It uses technology to cook your dish evenly and juicy. The smoker box can give additional flavor. You can also control the temperature from 9,000 to 18,000.It does not need charcoal or oil to be able to do its functions. It has a multi-faceted grill with smoker box found inside that will not need air dampers or water pans that would make cooking messy. The infrared for roasting of this product can keep the heat compared to conventional rotisserie. The grill is a made of a premium stainless steel grate. With this feature, your food will be grilled evenly, and it will not result to flare-ups that cause your food to burn.
Our Top Choice for Controllers and Special Features: Char-Broil the Big Easy
Parts and Accessories
The product you have to choose should have accessories and parts that are functional. They should be useful because it is included in the price you have paid for. Some of the parts and accessories that you have to consider are the racks and drip trays. There are also accessories and parts that can be seen in one, and not on the others.
- Char-Broil the Big Easy: This smoker has a double roasting basket for an even cooking of the meats like ribs and turkeys. It will also let you cook more meat at the same time. It has cool-touch handles and a porcelain coated hood. You are also assured that it has a firm and durable construction. Other accessories are the operating and an assembly guide.
- Smoke Hollow 38202G: This appliance is better than the Char-Broil because its accessories do not focus on just one function. If you notice, the Char-Broil and its accessories and parts are made more for grilling. But for Smoke Hallow, it has more accessories that are not just mainly made for grilling. The inside of this appliance has four adjustable racks and a fuel-efficient. The adjustable shelves will allow you to cook any dishes. It also comes with a separate meat chamber and has a water pan, an LP hose, and a regulator.
- Masterbuilt 20075315: This is the best when compared to Char-Broil and Smoke Hollow 38202G because it has more functional parts and accessories. Like Smoke Hollow 38202G, it also has four adjustable racks, but their drip catching makes this appliance different from the formers. This appliance can cater to different kinds of cuts and meats like a turkey and chicken. The smoker has plastic coaster type wheels, so it can be moved to far distances and over rough areas. The door is made of glass.
Our Top Choice for Parts and Accessories: Masterbuilt 20075315
Of course, after you are all done with your cooking and eating, the appliance should be cleaned. There are propane smokers that are difficult to clean because you cannot take out the internal parts. You also have to consider the product that is easy to clean to prolong its lifespan.
- Smoke Hollow 38202G: Because it has a double-door, which allows you to put water now and then, it also keeps its interior clean. Having the adjustable racks will also enable you to clean the appliance thoroughly.
- Masterbuilt 20075315: This appliance is better than the Smoke Hollow 38202G because you can take out everything. As to the cleaning, the internal of the smoker as well as the bracket can be easily taken out, allowing you to clean and tidy up the smoker meticulously. You just need warm water and soap to wash it or a dishwasher if you wish to.
- Chan-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill: This appliance is the best when it comes to cleanup compared to Smoke Hollow 38202G and Masterbuilt 20075315 because there is no difficulty to clean and store it. It was mentioned that it does not produce any flare-ups, so this means that the appliance will not be messy after use. It also has a detachable grease tray that will make cleaning easier.
Our Top Choice for Cleaning: Chan-Broil The Big Easy
Expensive appliances do not equate to excellence. Cheap ones do not also mean you have saved money. You need to consider your budget when buying a propane smoker as see if the features and the functions of the appliance are worth every penny.
- Masterbuilt 20075315: This is the most expensive, costing most than the Smoke Hallow 38202GLPG and the Char-Broil the Big Easy. The high price is the result of all the features it offers.
- Smoke Hollow 38202G: The price is average compared to Masterbuilt 20075315. But this is usually bought by many because of its unique parts like the 2-door cabinet, which is not seen in the two products.
- Char-Broil the Big Easy: This is the cheapest compared to Masterbuilt 20075315 and Smoke Hollow 38202G. But even when it is cheap, it has three functions: grilling, roasting, and smoking.
Our Top Choice for Price: Chan-Broil The Big Easy
When looking for a propane smoker, you need to consider the size, the controllers and unique features, the parts and accessories, the cleaning, and the price. Take note of these factors for you to know what the best is. Choose the one that will not only satisfy all your needs but also go beyond your expectations. The purchase price should equate to its quality or more.
After making a list and comparison of the three products, I can say that the best propane smoker is the Masterbuilt 20075315. This unit is the best to use for cooking large cuts of meats, and it has smart and useful parts and accessories. Its features are distinct from the two products. Overall, it has the best construction and the best performance. But even if it is the best among the three, I cannot discount the two others. They are also top choices in certain aspects. But nevertheless, the best place to start looking for a propane smoker appliance is the list above while considering the features to look for we've mentioned. Hope this guide helps you find the right one today!